20-Minute Spaghetti With Spinach Sauce Recipe: This Healthy Pasta Recipe Is Popeye Approved by 30Seconds Food
Take a break from pesto and try this healthy spaghetti with spinach sauce recipe that is packed with so much spinach Popeye would be impressed. (Shh! Don't tell the kids it's in there!) If you want a creamier sauce, add a little heavy whipping cream at the end.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions (reserve 1 cup of the pasta water)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- crushed red pepper flakes or pine nuts, for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Slowly start adding the spinach, cooking it down and adding more until all the spinach is in the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until all the spinach has wilted.
- Put the spinach into a blender along with a 1/2 cup of cheese and a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Pulse until blended, but still leaving some chunks of spinach, adding more pasta water if needed. Pour the sauce back into the pot.
- Add the remaining Parmesan cheese and pasta. Toss to combine. If adding the cream, pour it in now and heat through. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Popeye DVDs $5 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Spaghetti Noodles $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pine Nuts $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.