Asian Tofu Stir-fry Recipe: This Asian Tofu-sion Salsa Recipe Is Tasty, Simple & Vegetarian by Susan Evind
As a San Francisco, Calif., native, much of my culinary experience has been influenced by Chinese and Mexican cuisines. I’ve been a vegetarian for most of my life, and I found a way to blend that normally bland Asian veggie staple, tofu, into a tasty Mexican-style salsa side dish. Serve it with veggie burritos and rice and you’ve got a protein-balanced non-meat meal.
- 8 - 10 ounces firm tofu, diced into 1/4-inch pieces or crumbled
- 10 - 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 - 5 stemmed sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or rice oil for a more subtle taste (I use California Rice Oil Co. rice oil)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican blend spices (not too spicy or will overwhelm flavors)
- garlic powder and salt, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Sauté the tomatoes and green onions together in the oil until golden.
- Add the tofu and cilantro. Sauté while sprinkling in the Mexican blend salt and garlic powder until blended thoroughly. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.