Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe: Make This Delicious Deep Dish Pizza Recipe at Home by 30Seconds Food
What's more comforting than a cheesy deep dish pizza? Forget takeout and make this delicious pizza at home. This Chicago-style deep dish pizza recipe starts with a homemade pizza dough. The dough recipe can be doubled so you can make two pies or even freeze the other half for later. If using vegetables like mushrooms, eggplant, red bell pepper, zucchini, etc., be sure to cook them first.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pizza
- 1/2 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce or marinara sauce (try this homemade pizza sauce recipe)
- desired toppings: roasted vegetables, pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked hamburger meat, etc.
- 2 - 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- optional toppings: dried Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes
Here's how to make it:
- To make the dough, pour the water into a stand mixer bowl. Add the yeast and let it stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar, olive oil and salt. Using the paddle attachment, turn the mixer on low and slowly add in the flour until a dough forms. Put the dough into an oiled bowl and allow it to sit until it doubles in size.
- To make the pizza, lightly oil a round baking dish or cast iron skillet with olive oil. Put the dough into the pan and push it on the bottom and about an inch up the sides. Spread half of the mozzarella, veggies and sauce on top. Top with the remaining mozzarella, Parmesan and remaining sauce. Top with dried Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 475-degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow the pizza to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillet $12 & Up
Pizza Cutters $5 & Up
Stand Mixers $40 & Up
Pizza Sauce $2 & Up
Marinara Sauce $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Dried Italian Seasoning $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Active Dry Yeast $3 & Up
All Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Kosher Salt $3 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.