Down & Dirty Cajun Rice Recipe Would Make Louisiana Proud by 30Seconds Food
Dirty rice is a Cajun staple that's seen on tables all across the South. Don't let its name turn you off, because this down and dirty rice dish is delish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Cook until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cook, covered, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Let the rice sit about 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with the green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.