20-Minute Creamy Tuscan White Bean Soup Recipe Is Fantastic by Donna John
Want to be out of the kitchen and at the dinner or lunch table in about 20 minutes? This healthy white bean soup recipe has just a few simple ingredients, is packed with flavor and requires minimal prep.
Don't have kale? Don't add it. Serve with toasted baguette slices or croutons. To fancy it up, drizzle with a little olive oil before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 - 3 large kale leaves, chopped (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Puree one can of the cannellini beans (undrained) in a blender until smooth. Drain and rinse the other two cans.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the pureed cannellini beans, rinsed and drained beans, broth, rosemary, thyme and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- If using, add the chopped kale to the pot.
- Simmer, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste. If you want the soup creamier, mash up some of the beans to help thicken it. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.