Mini Steamed Chocolate Cakes Are Quick, Easy & Kid Approved by Shauna Flury
Some of the best memories are made with Mom in the kitchen. Here's an easy mug cake you can make with your kids as an afternoon treat and cooking lesson.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- powdered sugar, for topping (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix all dry ingredients in small heat-safe glass bowl. Once combined add your wet ingredients and mix until fully blended.
- Place glass bowl in a steamer basket and steam until cake has risen, about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your pot and heat level.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.