Duck Breasts With Cherry Sauce: You're Only 20 Minutes Away From Gourmet With This Recipe! by Gwen Johnson
Who wouldn't love to serve their family gourmet meals all the time? But who has the time? With this duck breast recipe, however, you can have gourmet on the table in under 20 minutes. The secret shortcut to the sauce is a can of pie filling. Sounds crazy, but it works! Not a fan of duck? Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead.
- 4 skinless, boneless duck breast halves or 4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (21 ounces) tart cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh chopped parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Season duck breasts with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and pound gently until they are about 3/8 inches thick. Coat both sides of the breasts with the brown sugar.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the duck and cook, turning one time, until lightly browned on the outside and pink on the inside, about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Pour in the pie filling, Cognac, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring gently, until sauce is hot and duck is medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Cook longer, if desired.
- Slice the duck and spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cherry Pie Filling $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.