Healthy Chickpea & Grilled Corn Salad Recipe: This Colorful Corn & Chickpea Salad Brightens & Lightens Up Dinner by Amy Miller
This chickpea and corn salad recipe is super fresh and light with a beautiful rainbow of colors to brighten up any meal. Want to add an extra special touch? Toss in some feta, goat cheese or avocado just before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 3 ears of corn, husked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
- Wrap corn in aluminum foil. Place on the grill on medium-high heat. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Unwrap and cool.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, peppers, cucumbers, onions, corn, chives and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, juice and zest the lime. Add the vinegar and whisk in the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half of the dressing to the salad and mix. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 1 hour. Mix well. Add additional dressing, salt and pepper as needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.