This Pumpkin Stuffed Green Lentil Cannelloni Recipe Shakes Up Pumpkin Pie Spice Season by 30Seconds Food
Vegan Vegetarian Pasta Dinner
5 years ago
Add to collection
Love pumpkin spice season, but looking for something a bit more savory than a latte? Try this pumpkin stuffed green lentil cannelloni recipe from pasta alternative brand Explore Cuisine. This seasonal vegan dish is made with Explore Cuisine's no-boil Green Lentil Lasagne, which are loaded with plant-based protein and are gluten-free, organic and non-GMO.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water boiling water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 sheets Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Lasagne
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (to taste, optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Here’s how to make it:
- To prepare the cashew cream (this can be prepared ahead of time), soak the cashews in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the soaking water.
- Combine the soaked cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and the 1/2 cup of reserved soaking water in a high-power blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt to taste. Add the lasagna sheets and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to keep them from sticking together.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the filling. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once the pasta sheets are cooked, drain them and run them under cold water (if any of the sheet are stuck together, separate them carefully). Set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the prepared tomato sauce and red pepper flakes (if using) and pour on the bottom of a 11x8-inch baking dish. Spoon about half of the cashew cream over the sauce.
- To prepare the cannelloni, place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling on each pasta sheet and carefully roll each one. Arrange them on the baking dish, over the tomato sauce and cashew cream. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining cashew cream before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Raw Cashews $7 & Up
Nutritional Yeast $7 & Up
Canned Pumpkin $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.