Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe: This Easy Pineapple Cake Recipe Starts With a Box Cake Mix by Donna John
2 years ago
Add to collection
Pineapple upside-down cake is a classic. Turn your family's world upside-down by surprising them with one tonight.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices in juice, drained and liquid reserved
- maraschino cherries
Here's how to make it:
- Pour melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Arrange pineapple slices over the sugar, placing a cherry in the center of each.
- Mix the cake according to package directions, but substitute the reserved pineapple juice for the water (add water to the pineapple juice, if needed). Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 42-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a serving platter. Let it sit with the pan still over it for about 5 minutes. Remove pan.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Maraschino Cherries $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Pineapple Slices in Juice $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.