How to Make Homemade Turkey Sloppy Joes (No Can Opener Required)! by Donna John
10 months ago
No canned sloppy joe sauce is needed for this recipe. Serve these easy turkey sloppy joes with oven-baked fries or, even better, a salad.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced tiny
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- whole wheat hamburger buns
Here's how to make them:
- Cook the turkey, onion and carrot in a skillet until meat is cooked through.
- Combine the ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add sauce to turkey. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until it thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns.