How to Make Homemade Turkey Sloppy Joes (No Can Opener Required)! by Donna John
6 months ago
Serve these easy turkey sloppy joes with oven-baked fries or, even better, a salad.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced tiny
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- whole wheat hamburger buns
Here's how to make them:
- Cook the turkey, onion and carrot in a skillet until meat is cooked through.
- Combine the ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add sauce to turkey. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until it thickens up, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns.