Tuna Cakes With Carrot "Noodles": Spice Up Lent & Your Tuna With This Easy Recipe! by Jennifer Young
I'm always looking for ways to add variety and flavor to my meals. After much play in the kitchen, I've come up with this turn on tuna. I serve mine with a chopped up avocado. It's simple, inexpensive and delish.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can tuna, drained
- red peppers, chopped
- red onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- light mayo
- Dijon mustard
- hot sauce
Here's how you make it:
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, red peppers, red onion, salt, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard and the egg. Make one patty or a few small ones.
- In a pan, heat up about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Using your vegetable peeler or spiralizer, make carrot noodles. In the leftover olive oil, cook the "noodles" for a couple minutes.
- For the sauce, mix light mayo, Dijon and hot sauce together. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: