Grandma's Bread & Butter Pickle Recipe: A Crisp, Delicious, Sweet Taste of My Childhood by Donna John
My grandma’s pickles are a fond childhood memory of mine. She had the idea of adding the cauliflower – and it’s my favorite part of this bread and butter pickle recipe. I make them at least once a month and have to share with friends and family (had two requests for more this weekend). Give them a try!
Prep Time: 1 hour to soak
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 5 - 6 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Put the sliced cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Let it sit for about 1 hour. Drain off as much water as you can.
- In a large pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put into sterilized mason jars or plastic containers.
- Let them cool and then store in the refrigerator. Wait at least 24 hours before eating them (if you can!).
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $7 & Up
Colanders $6 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Celery Seeds $2 & Up
Mustard Seeds $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
White Vinegar $3 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.