Cake Pops! How to Make Easy Cake Pops Kids & Adults Will Eat Up! by Donna John
6 years ago
Add to collection
Everyone loves cake pops! A basic cake pop can be decorated to fit all your entertaining needs – from baby showers to holidays to birthdays to … just because!
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- 1 tub frosting
- milk chocolate or white chocolate chips
- cake pop sticks
- desired decorations (sprinkles, nuts, flaked coconut, etc.)
- large Styrofoam block or cake pop holder
Here’s how to make them:
- Bake cake according to package directions. Cool. Crumble into a large bowl.
- Add the frosting a little at a time until the “dough” is able to be rolled into a ball shape, but still has a cake-like texture.
- Roll all the cake mix into balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Insert a cake pop stick into each ball. Place cookie sheets in the freezer and freeze about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Remove cake pops from the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Add your decorations.
- Insert end of cake pop stick into your piece of Styrofoam or holder.
- Repeat with remaining cake pops. Allow chocolate to harden.
- Cover with a treat bag and tie with a ribbon, if desired, or serve immediately.
Wilton Slanted Pops Stand $5
Perfect for displaying your treat pops and is versatile for decorating to match any party theme.
Smoothfoam Block Crafts Foam $6
Great for a variety of craft projects - or to hold your cake pops!
Nordic Ware Tiered Cake Pop Display Stand $10
Makes presenting your lovely cake pops easy. Holds 37 cake pops.
Cake Pop Sticks $5.50
Cake pop sticks are 4 inches long. Pack of 50.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.