How to Make Turkey Meatballs With Spicy Basil & Burrata Red Sauce by Gigi Gaggero
Meatballs are all the rage! Here’s my recipe for turkey meatballs in a spicy basil and burrata red sauce. Yum!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (can use gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 - 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- 6 - 8 ounces fresh burrata cheese, cut into large thin pieces
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine all the meatball ingredients. Mix together and roll into 22 to 24 1-inch meatballs.
- Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400-degree F oven.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce. Heat a large skillet on medium-low and add tomato sauce, stock, Italian seasoning and mushrooms. Allow sauce to cook mushrooms through and thicken, about 15-30 minutes.
- Once meatballs are out of the oven, gently add them to the sauce. Spoon the tomato sauce generously over the meatballs. Add the fresh basil.
- Place the buratta randomly in the tomato sauce and over the meatballs. Cover and continue cooking on medium-low for 5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted into the sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Serve meatballs over an ancient grain, pasta or spaghetti squash.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.