Homemade Hummus: How to Make Creamy White Bean Hummus With Avocado & Cilantro by Donna John
Typical hummus is made with chickpeas, but this Mexican-inspired recipe version gets its creaminess from white beans. When you taste it, you'll be glad it bucked tradition!
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and ribs removed
- 4 teaspoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Here's how you make it:
- Peel and pit the avocado.
- Add the avocado and remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Season with more salt, if desired, and black pepper.
Serve with pita or tortilla chips. It’s also great as a sandwich spread or served as a dip with raw veggies.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.