Make Your Kid Happy With Sunflower Seed Butter, Banana, Flaxseed & Maple Wraps! by Donna John
Happy Family has unveiled its first-ever cookbook, "Happy Family Organic Superfoods Cookbook for Baby & Toddler," by founder, Shazi Visram, and with chef Cricket Azima, founder of The Creative Kitchen. Here's one of the healthy offerings!
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (see Note)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Here's how to make them:
- Place the tortillas on a clean, flat surface. Spread 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter over one half of each tortilla. Place half of the banana slices in an even layer on top of the seed butter. Sprinkle each with half of the flaxseeds and drizzle with half of the maple syrup. Fold the bare side of each tortilla over the covered half to form half-moons.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, toast the filled tortillas, turning once until they begin to puff and turn golden on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer the tortillas to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Cut each tortilla into four triangles and serve warm.
Switch it up: Make these tasty wraps gluten-free by switching to gluten-free tortillas.
Note: Sunflower seed butter is a good alternative if nut allergies are a concern. In addition it provides protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc and iron.