Spinach & Ricotta Dumplings Recipe: An Easy Italian Dumpling Recipe You Have Got to Try by Donna John
Vegetarian Dinner Pasta Italian Recipes
a year ago
Add to collection
Spinach and ricotta dumplings are easy enough for a weeknight meal, but impressive enough for your next dinner party. All you need is a salad and dinner is done.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 2 bunches fresh, cooked, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the spinach, ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Flour your hands and shape into 2-inch by 1-inch ovals.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook dumplings in two batches until they float. Drain on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring, and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Place dumplings in single layer in a baking dish. Spoon sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pots & Pans $6 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Italian Cookbooks $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.