Sandwich Night: How I Make a Cuban Sandwich When I'm Not in Cuba! by Gigi Gaggero
Ham, pork, cheese, pickles, mustard. What's not to love about a Cuban sandwich? Here's how I make mine!
- 1 loaf Italian or ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 8 ounces thinly sliced slow-roasted pork loin
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese
- 4 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Here's how you make them:
- Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Blanket it with mayo. Evenly place the ham and roasted pork on top and arrange the cheese and pickles on the meat. Spread the mustard on the top piece of bread and press to close sandwich.
- Lay two sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface. Brush the top and bottom of the sandwiches with the melted butter. Wrap foil tightly around the sandwiches to completely encase them.
- Heat a large frying pan on low heat until hot, about 4 minutes. Place wrapped sandwich in the pan. Place a cast-iron skill or heavy pot on top of sandwich to weight it down. Push down on the skillet or pot to further compact the sandwich.
- Cook, undisturbed, for 10 minutes. Flip and repeat. Cook until the cheese has melted and bread is toasted.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.