Amazing Swedish Meatball Pasta Cooks In One Pot & Is Ready In 30 Minutes by Donna John
When I saw this kind-of-like-beef-stroganoff (my husband's favorite meal) pasta recipe from Tasty that didn’t have sour cream in it (big no-no since my husband is sensitive to dairy), I decided to make it for our wedding anniversary. Especially since this meatball recipe cooks in one pot and is ready in just 30 minutes.
It was amazing! I changed the recipe by not measuring the salt and pepper. A 1/2 tablespoon sounded like an awful lot of pepper. And for health reasons, we’re watching our salt intake, so I added salt and pepper to taste instead. Then I added additional Parmesan, because Parm makes everything better.
The finished product was creamy, had depth of flavor and was something I would definitely consider comfort food. The Parmesan elevated the ground beef dish to worthy of being served with a glass of wine. I'll definitely make this dinner recipe again, it's a keeper!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup herb breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 egg
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper to taste, mixing evenly in a large bowl until blended.
- Heat the canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Take scoops of the meatball mixture and roll them into balls. Place the meatballs into the Dutch oven, cooking for one minute. Flip the meatballs to the other side.
- Add the beef broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce and stir to blend. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then add the noodles. So far, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Stir constantly until pasta is cooked and liquid has reduced to a sauce that coats the noodles. This should take less than 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley and Parmesan, stirring until cheese is melted. Sprinkle additional Parmesan on top, if desired, and serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.