What Is Eggnog, Really! Find Out & Try This Easy & Delicious Recipe! by Donna John
Add to collection
Eggnog (also known as milk punch) is a cold, creamy, sweet drink made with milk or cream, sugar, whipped eggs and alcohol (usually bourbon, brandy or rum). You can add a dash of vanilla or a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg to the rich concoction. While the origins of eggnog are debated, many think eggnog originated from the early medieval Britain “posset,” a milky ale drink, according to TIME magazine. Ready to try eggnog? Try this easy blender recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Here's how you make it:
- Put the eggs and egg yolks in a blender. Start to blend on low speed.
- Slowly add the sugar and blend until combined.
- Pour the milk slowly into the egg/sugar mixture, then rum and bourbon. Blend for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and nutmeg. Blend until frothy.
Refrigerate eggnog at least one hour before serving.