20 Amazing Virtual Field Trips to Take With Your Kids That Don't Require Leaving the House by Donna John
Many parents have been presented with the task of homeschooling and entertaining their kids during coronavirus social distancing and quarantine. While a field trip out of the house is out of the question right now, you can explore the world by taking a virtual tour of some historic or just plain cool places all around the globe. One is even out of this world!
- Anne Frank House – Look around the Secret Annex online and find out more about what happened here or put on your VR glasses and take a virtual stroll through the hiding place where Anne Frank wrote her diary. You can also take a look around the house where Anne and her family lived before going into hiding and visit an online exhibition about Anne Frank's life.
- Buckingham Palace – Explore this magnificent building via our virtual tours. The first tour will take you to the Grand Staircase. Click on the small images below to access further tours of the White Drawing Room, the Throne Room and the Blue Drawing Room.
- Ellis Island – Follow in the immigrants' footsteps by taking a virtual tour. You'll hear first-hand stories told by people who came through Ellis Island, see historical photographs and films, read fascinating facts and discover the central role this station played in the story of American immigration.
- Farm Tours – Explore Canadian food and farming from your smartphone. From dairy cow farms, egg farms to mink farms.
- Ford Piquette Avenue Plant – Take a 3D virtual tour of the birthplace of the Ford Model T car. The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant is recognized as one of the most significant automotive heritage sites in the world.
- Great Wall of China – As China's most famous attraction, the Great Wall of China is an essential stop on any trip to China. Commonly considered a wonder of the world, the Great Wall boasts a history of over 2,000 years and stretches more than 3,000 miles across several provinces of northern China, making it one of the most impressive ancient structures on the planet. Take a virtual walk on the wall!
- Holy Land Tour – Virtually visit Bethlehem, Jerusalem, beautiful churches and more on these virtual tours.
- Houston Zoo – Tune in to the Houston Zoo webcams and enjoy a live look at animals that call the Houston Zoo home! See the herd of Asian elephants wander through their enormous habitat. Watch as giraffes nibble lettuce fed to them by guests at the feeding platform. See the rhinos roll in their mud puddle or the flamingos float next to a waterfall. See the chimpanzees interact with guests at their window or snooze in a hammock.
- International Space Station – Explore the space station through several fascinating videos. Yes, it's out of this world!
- The Louvre Museum – Visit the this famous art museum in Paris, France, and see the exhibition rooms and galleries, and contemplate the façades of the Louvre.
- Machu Picchu – Experience panorama 360- degree views from the majestic Incan village high up in the Andean Mountain Range.
- Mars – Discover the real surface of Mars as recorded by NASA's Curiosity rover.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – Be delighted by the antics of sea otters or mellow out to the hypnotic drifting of jellies. With 10 live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are.
- National Museum of Natural History – The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History virtual tours allow visitors to take self-guided, room-by-room tours of select exhibits and areas within the museum from their desktop or mobile device. Visitors can also access select collections and research areas at our satellite support and research stations as well as past exhibits no longer on display.
- San Diego Zoo – From ape cams to tiger cams, virtually meet the inhabitants of this famous California zoo.
- Sistine Chapel – Marvel at the interior art of the chapel, which includes "The Last Judgment" by Michelangelo.
- Stonehenge – Take an interactive tour of Stonehenge with a 360-degree view from inside the monument. Switch to Skyscape and relax and enjoy a live view from within the stone circle.
- Taj Mahal – Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site in India! Tour 22 different areas of the monument and gardens through 360-degree panoramas, maps, narrated mini-movies, music and text.
- United States Botanic Garden – To get a feel for what you might see when you come visit the U.S. Botanic Garden, take a virtual tour. You'll get a peek at the Conservatory, National Garden and Bartholdi Park.
- Yellowstone National Park – Ready to explore Yellowstone? You can start exploring now by virtually touring some of the main attractions around the park.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.