Foundation of Beauty: Dermatologist Dr. Ava Shamban's 5 Beauty Pillars for Beauty Inside & Out by Dr. Ava Shamban, Dermatologist
Beauty isn’t just about what’s on the outside (or the inside, for that matter). It’s a collection of behaviors, outlooks and attributes that make one feel and appear beautiful from the inside out.
I have been treating patients for over 30 years, and through my experiences I've developed the 5 Beauty Pillars that in my opinion are the foundation for true beauty:
Dr. Ava’s 5 Beauty Pillars
- Skin Care: Skin care is the foundation of health for your skin and it is all about routine. The skin is our biggest organ and it serves many functions, but I think the skin’s proudest function is to serve as an advertisement of our health and well-being.
- Nutrition: Eating a healthy diet can truly make you glow. Drinking water and eating fruits, vegetables and foods rich in omega 3 or vitamin C are just a few simple, yet effective, ways to look and feel your best. Not only do these healthy options make you feel better, they can keep your skin hydrated, improve elasticity and help slow the aging process.
- Fitness: Fitness is wonderful for your mind, body and skin! Exercise increases circulation and stimulates everything from your heart to your dermis, keeping your system functioning properly. Working out also allows your body to release endorphins, which not only make you feel good (a beautiful perk in itself!), but also help combat high cortisol levels which can provide better beauty sleep, helping you look refreshed each morning.
- Spirituality: Physical beauty without spirituality is only skin deep. Actions as simple as laughter have been shown to provide health benefits, so I tout the power of spreading positivity and joy in everything you do. Just remember, achieving internal joy is sure to reflect on the outside.
- Connection: Being connected spiritually and/or connected to those around you is just plain good for your health. Connections and community can assist you in building good skin-care habits, a key success factor to your skin-care routine.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Healthy Cookbooks $5 & Up
Fitness Equipment $5 & Up
Jade Rollers $6 & Up
Skin-care Products $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.