Trendy Beauty Looks: How to Create My “Lime Sherbet” Makeup & Play It Cool by Cassie All
I’ve always been an artist, so maybe that’s why I love beauty. Makeup gives me the opportunity to play with colors, shades and tones. I love the drama of the cool tones just as much as I love the warm tones. When it comes to cool tones, greens and blues are my favorites. They cool down your face and add unexpected drama.
But when playing with cool colors, it’s important to get it right. Don’t automatically just think of that classic blue eyeliner that was so popular back in the day. Go bold and use broad strokes of color, not just lines.
I’m calling this look “Lime Sherbet” because it reminds me of that delicious flavor. (Check out my Orange Sherbet look, when I was feeling the warmth of orange with a pop of pink.) Plus, now that the weather is finally warming up and the grass is bouncing back to vibrancy, I’m definitely feeling the green.
I used my Morphe makeup brushes to get clean lines for the eye shadow and liner, and my Pinky Rose Eye Shadow Palette. Here’s how I made the faux freckles. The rest of the look came together by incorporating the following products:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Matte Powder
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
- Pinky Rose Bright Lights Eye Shadow Palette
- Urban Decay Naked Shimmer Eye Shadow Palette
- Morphe’s James Charles Eye Shadow Palette (for faux freckles and eyebrows)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette
- Lime Crime Wet Cherry Lip Gloss
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
- Morphe Makeup Brushes – Jaclyn Hill The Master Collections (for eyes and face)
Have fun playing it cool!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.