Beauty Trends: How to Make Faux Freckles & Bring Out Your Inner Pixie in 10 Simple Steps by Cassie All
Freckles are back and better than ever. Even if you don’t have natural freckles, you can bring out your inner pixie by creating faux freckles. It’s easy to up the cute factor and get a more youthful, yet glamorous, look.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
What you’ll need:
- foundation or BB cream
- translucent loose face powder (or your preferred shade)
- light brown eye shadow (or your preferred shade)
- very fine makeup brush
- makeup setting spray
Here’s how to do it:
- Start with your usual makeup routine (such as applying sunscreen, moisturizer, concealer, etc.).
- Apply a layer of foundation or BB cream.
- Depending on your skin tone, choose an eye shadow color that will have enough contrast against your skin (I chose a light brown).
- Using a very fine makeup brush, add dots (freckles) where you would like them, such as across the bridge of your nose, on your cheeks, etc.
- Make the freckles as small or as large as you want them, or various sizes and shapes.
- If you have any natural freckles, you can use the makeup brush and eye shadow to make them darker where they already naturally appear.
- Use your finger to tap each freckle a few times to soften and diffuse the freckles and create a more natural effect. This will make your freckles look more authentic.
- To prevent the freckles from smudging, use a coating of loose translucent powder (or your preferred shade).
- Apply makeup setting spray to finish your face.
- Enjoy the compliments you'll get on your faux freckles.
Feel free to play around with what works best for your face. Be creative and have fun with your look.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.