Aging Décolletage? 7 Ways to Achieve a Sexy Chest Area! by 30Seconds Beauty
For women of all ages, sallow, dull or crepey skin can make the chest area or décolletage appear older than it is. Luckily, there are advancements and solutions available to bring back the glow to the beautiful feminine décolletage. Dr. Lenny Hochstein, world renowned board-certified plastic surgeon based in Miami, Fla., and owner of Hochstein MedSpa, and his team of licensed aestheticians, offer insights on how to achieve and maintain a sexy décolletage.
- Go topical. There are plenty of things women can do to prevent chest area skin from aging such as applying high-quality, medical-grade skin care products. The key is to look for ones with alpha and beta hydroxy acids, retinol, vitamin C and E, and growth factors.
- Consider lasers. Lasers will certainly offer that healthy glow, since they are the most powerful tool to address both discoloration and texture imperfections. “One of the lasers we have had success with in the chest region is the HALO treatment, the world’s first hybrid fractional laser. It’s strong! Results to skin tone and texture are visible after the first treatment,” says Dr. Hochstein.
- Try a chemical peel and/or a microdermabrasion. If the skin itself is supple, microdermabrasion could work very well to address skin elasticity, texture, tone and overall appearance. It’s a less expensive option than lasers. Chemical peels work at the cellular level, smoothing the fine lines in the chest area with very little downtime.
- Hydrafacial: This is of the newest treatments that brings out the healthy radiance and glow to the skin of the décolletage area. “It is a high-tech equipment operated procedure that includes several steps, such as deep cleansing, exfoliation, antiaging light treatment and application of powerful antioxidants,” explains Capri Colello, a Hochstein MedSpa Licensed aesthetician.
- Micro-needling: Micro-needling is a process where a small roller is rolled over the skin creating tiny punctures in the top skin layer. This phase of the treatment triggers a wound healing response in the body. Collagen levels are boosted as the skin regenerates itself leading to skin thickening, scars fading and smoothing of fine lines. Peptides and antioxidant serums are applied and massaged into the skin at the end.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma): Microneedling described above, can be enhanced with a very powerful collagen building treatment using your own plasma. “The treatment requires that we draw a small blood sample to extract the concentrated platelet cells out of it. These cells have a natural ability of healing by building new elastic and collagen layer. Fine lines and wrinkles on the chest respond wonderfully to this procedure, with no discomfort, side effects or downtime” says Dr. Hochstein.
- Get smart about sunscreen. Regardless of what treatment option you choose optimal skin protection is key. “You go through a series of treatments. The last thing you want to do is damage skin and get into this cycle of damage, treat, damage treat,” explains Dr. Hochstein.
Get more skincare tips!