How to Achieve the Best Bikini Skin Zone: 5 Tips If You Choose Laser Hair Removal! by 30Seconds Beauty
Jenya Titova, instructor to asthetic mentors and physician’s assistant to board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Leonard Hochstein of Hochstein MedSpa in Miami, Fla., dishes out the dos and don’ts for perfect bikini zone skin, whether you shave, wax or laser. What should you know before you have laser hair removal?
- Avoid coffee. Or anything with caffeine, really, it has been said to increase sensitivity.
- Be rested and hydrated. Your pain receptors will be higher if you're fatigued and dehydrated.
- Ask your technician to try different paces. Each technician has his or her own technique. Some perform in quick bursts, while others use a slow, continuous pace. One technique may feel better on your skin than the next.
- Avoid tanning. Both tanning beds and the sun can be harmful after exposing your skin to laser, avoid both and put on SPF! “In warm weather climates, this is always a concern because women are always outside at the beach or pool," says Jenya. "If you’re getting laser hair removal avoid the sun entirely for at least three days before your laser treatment."
- “The laser can locate the follicles easier when shaved," says Jenya. "It’s very important to use a clean, new razor to avoid having any lingering bacteria that could cause contact dermatitis (a delayed allergic reaction) after your laser treatment."
Time to hit the beach!