Skin-care Expert Jill Caruso Shares Summer Secrets & Some of Her Fave Beauty Products! by Donna John
Jill Caruso, a board certified aesthetic nurse specialist based in New York City, specializes in anti-aging treatments and clinical skin care. Using injectable fillers, neurotoxins, chemical peels, lasers and Kybella, Jill softens the signs of aging. Her “less is more” philosophy and innate artistic ability, combined with a passion for the personalized patient care, allows her to give her clients the most optimal outcome: their most beautiful, natural self. Here are five tips from Jill and some of her favorite beauty products!
- Use SPF every day. There is good reason you get this advice over and over again. This is a non-negotiable for healthy skin. Protecting your skin from the sun's harmful UVA/UVB rays is mandatory for skin health and anti-aging. Jill’s picks:
EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44
SkinMedica Essential Defense Mineral Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 35
- Don't forget your lips! This delicate area is often forgotten, but the lips require sun protection and hydration. Lips are just as susceptible to sun damage as the rest of the face. Lips tend to get dried out so when not in the sun make sure to hydrate them. Jill’s picks:
SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
Colorscience Sunforgettable Lip Shine SPF 35
- Botox helps prevent wrinkles – and sweat! By temporarily paralyzing muscles, you are able to prevent future wrinkles. This is especially important around the "crow's feet" area in the summer, when we tend to squint more in the sun. Botox is also used for hyperhidrosis, so you can prevent excess sweat on the forehead, as well as and sweaty armpits!
- Reapply SPF without messing your makeup! Carry a brush-on mineral SPF, which is easy to use and super convenient. Jill’s picks:
Colorscience Sunforgettable Brush-on Sunscreen SPF 50
Avène High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50
- Use nightly fading cream. Dark spots tend to appear more in the summer when the skin is being constantly exposed to the sun. Jill’s picks:
Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
SkinMedica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.