Keep Baby Safe to Sleep: 5 Ways to Make Your Infant's Slumber Safer! by Dr. Hannah Chow-Johnson
6 years ago
These days, parents are very educated about having their infants sleep only on their backs to lower the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). But there are other things you should know as well!
- Infants also should not use pillows until older than age 1, and only after a discussion with their pediatrician.
- Don't allow side sleeping.
- Sleep wedges are not recommended.
- Keep the crib clear of stuffed animals and heavy blankets.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend that infants co-sleep with their parents because of a risk of suffocation. A good alternative is an infant bed extender that can be attached to the bed.
Let’s keep our babies safe while they sleep!