Parents, Stop Playing Good Cop/Bad Cop: Here are 6 Ways to Parent As a Team! by Sheryl Gould
For parents, playing "Good Cop/Bad Cop" is a common scenario in many families. When parents play on the same team, it's better for our kids - and for our marriages. Here are six ways to learn to compromise and become team players:
- Have an open conversation to understand each other's perspective free from distractions and outside the heat of the moment.
- Don't get stuck in who is “right” or “wrong.”
- Discuss how you were both parented. When you talk about how you were raised, you will build empathy and a greater understanding of why you each parent the way you do.
- Find middle ground. Be flexible. Compromise requires that you have to give up something, but you will gain much more as a result.
- Talk about common goals and values for your children.
- Discuss ahead of time how you will handle common issues when they arise.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: