Feed a Crowd: How to Make Oven-Baked Baby Back Ribs Like a Chef by Donna John
- 8 racks baby back ribs (about 10 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Here’s how you make them:
- Combine all rub ingredients.
- Place ribs on an unlined sheet pan and coat each slab liberally with rub. Cover with aluminum foil, leaving an opening that you will close later. Place pan on bottom oven rack.
- Fill each pan with 1 1/2 quarts of beer through opening in foil. Close opening.
- Cook for 5 1/2 hours in a preheated 225-degree F oven. Ribs should have a good crust on top and be very tender. Let cool. Serves 15-20 people.