The World's Best 50 Bars 2019 Awards: Did Your Favorite Spot Make the List? by 30Seconds Travel
Dante, the Italian-style aperitivo bar in New York, has been awarded The World’s Best Bar award, sponsored by Perrier, at The World’s 50 Best Bars 2019. This year’s list and award winners were announced at a sparkling evening as the ceremony returned to iconic London venue, the Roundhouse.
- Dante claims The World’s Best Bar award, sponsored by Perrier.
Photo: Dante, New York
- The 2019 list features a record 17 new entries; 15 making their debut, two returning to the list.
- The UK leads the list, featuring 10 bars, while the U.S. has seven.
- New York City boasts six bars on the 2019 list, including The NoMad (No.4), Attaboy (No.7) and Katana Kitten (No.14).
- Katana Kitten out of New York is the Best New Opening, sponsored by Thomas Henry.
- Monica Berg, co-owner of Tayēr + Elementary (No.52), is named the Altos Bartenders’ Bartender.
Photo: Tayēr + Elementary, London
- Peru’s Carnaval enters at No.13, winning the Highest New Entry award, sponsored by iichiko Saiten, after being tipped as the Campari One To Watch last year.
- Salmón Gurú from Madrid is the Highest Climber, sponsored by Tanqueray.
- Charles Schumann – owner of Schumann’s Bar – is awarded with the Industry Icon award, sponsored by Nikka Whisky.
- London’s American Bar wins the Legend of The List, sponsored by Asahi.
- Native, in Singapore (No.12), is the winner of the Ketel One Sustainable Bar Award.
Photo: Native Cocktail Bar, Singapore
- Rome’s Drink Kong (No.82) is named the Campari One To Watch.
The World’s 50 Best Bars features 15 new entries, as well as two re-entries in the 2019 ranking. The list showcases a diverse range of bars from 26 cities across 21 countries.
Dante jumped eight places, claiming the top spot, also earning the title Best Bar in North America, sponsored by Perrier. The Greenwich Village bar, which first opened its doors in 1915, serves the best Negronis in town and epitomizes a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, reflective of an increasing trend in the industry toward casualization. Owned by Nathalie Hudson and Linden Pride, with creative direction from fellow Australian Naren Young, Dante serves superb coffee and cocktails, as well as high-quality food, becoming an international drinks destination at the same time as retaining a buzzing neighborhood bar vibe.
Photo: Dante, New York
In total, New York City boasts six bars on the 2019 list, including The NoMad (No.4), Attaboy (No.7) and Katana Kitten (No.14) – the latter snagging the award for Best New Opening, sponsored by Thomas Henry. San Francisco’s Trick Dog (No.42) completes the US contingent.
The UK features strongly with an outstanding 10 bars in the list. Heading a list of prominent names are Connaught Bar (No.2) – awarded The Best Bar in Europe, sponsored by Michter's – The Savoy’s American Bar (No.5) and Three Sheets (No.16). American Bar also take the Legend of the List accolade, sponsored by Asahi, awarded to a bar that has performed most consistently in the history of the ranking. In addition, Lyaness (No.39) and Kwānt (No. 47) make their debuts on the list, while Artesian re-enters the 1-50 list at No.48.
Photo: Connaught Bar, London
Placing at No.3 and named The Best Bar in South America, sponsored by Seedlip, Florería Atlántico in Buenos Aires, Argentina, rises 11 places. Mexico City’s Licorería Limantour follows at No.10 and Carnaval in Lima, Peru, is No.13, making it the winner of the Highest New Entry Award, sponsored by iichiko Saiten. With Guilhotina in São Paulo, Brazil, a new entry at No.15, this demonstrates the increased prominence of Latin America with six bars on the list in 2019, four of which feature inside the top 20.
Spain also boasts three bars on this year’s list, including Madrid’s Salmón Gurú (No.19) which is also the winner of the Highest Climber Award, sponsored by Tanqueray, having leapt an impressive 28 places in the ranking from last year. New entry Dr. Stravinsky (No.25) joins fellow Barcelona bar Paradiso (No.20) on the list.
Photo: Dr. Stravinsky, Barcelona
The aim of The World’s 50 Best Bars is to provide the authoritative guide on the best bar destinations from around the world and the huge range of countries featured is testament to the strength of competition for a place at the top. The World’s 50 Best Bars is part of the 50 Best family, which includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, continuing to change the geography of gastronomy over the past 17 years.
Photo (main): Dante, New York
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cocktail Glasses $6 & Up
Bartender Tools $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.