Giada De Laurentiis' Lemon Spaghetti With Shrimp Recipe (No Trip to Las Vegas Required) by Donna John
When my husband and I go to Las Vegas, we turn it into a celebrity chef tour. On one trip, we ate at Giada's, the restaurant owned by Giada De Laurentiis in The Cromwell Hotel (Caesar's Palace). Giada's lemon spaghetti was featured on so many "must eat" lists, that what to order was not an issue for me (this time!). Here's Giada's lemon spaghetti with shrimp recipe that proves simple is better.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, fried quickly in a little olive oil (here's how to fry capers)
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer and cook until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and reserve the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice. Toss the drained pasta with the lemon sauce, the shrimp and some of the reserved pasta water (add 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten). Add the salt, pepper and basil. Toss. Garnish with the fried capers.
Photo: A copy of the recipe with a signed picture of Giada was presented with the menu, which is available for purchase.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: