ETIAS Visa Waiver for Europe: What You Need to Know About the Schengen Visitation Requirements for 2021 by Sheri B Doyle
For years Americans have been able to jump on a plane and visit the Schengen countries for 90 days without a visa or prior travel authorization. In 2021, the 26 countries forming the Schengen zone will require all visitors to enroll for European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) authorization before visiting. For most of us visiting these European countries it should be a quick and easy process. Here are the quick facts:
- The ETIAS requirement is for the pre-travel screening for security and migration risks of all travelers entering the Schengen countries without visas.
- The ETIAS authorization will only cost $8 per person and will be valid for three years.
- The ETIAS application form should take about 10 minutes to complete and each person will be instantly approved or denied.
- They will request things like personal data, passport information, first destination when entering Schengen countries and background questions including any criminal history.
- The United States has had a similar system called the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for years requiring visitors to pass screening before visiting our country.
The 26 Schengen countries (countries that have no internal border security) are:
- Czech Republic
Croatia is working toward joining in 2020 or 2021.
Photo: Boundary of the Schengen area
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.