Spring Break Vacation Planning: 8 Ways to Make the Most of Your Spring Break Trip by Mary Vaughan
Spring break is one of the most popular times of the year for families to travel. Now that he holidays are over and as we make it through winter, many of us are excited to see some blue skies, sunshine and warm temps. As a Disney vacation planner, I help many of my clients plan as much as a year ahead on trips, but you can still have a great vacation with planning much closer to your trip. Whatever you prefer, here are some tips to planning that spring break vacation:
- Take advantage of any travel deals. Disney destinations in particular often offer many promos to get a deal on your hotel stay or combining it as a package. Check websites of your destination for any savings or deals they are running.
- Check airfare. You can often set "airfare alerts" with specific airlines or you can use websites and apps like Skyscanner or Google Flights to set alerts. A great flight deal may help you pick your destination.
- Set a budget. It's important to know how much overall you are looking to spend. Don't forget to include things like food, excursions and souvenirs in that budget, too.
- Think about travel insurance. At Disney, we partner with Aon Affinity, but there are lots of options and often credit cards carry certain protection as well.
- Travel on less-popular days to keep costs down. Instead of arriving and departing on the weekends, which are usually the most expensive, try doing weekdays to save some money.
- Try not to over pack. Easier said than done, I know. I find it really helps to print out a list from online or create my own packing list to help. Be sure to have the essentials with you like sunscreen, and toiletries as you will often pay a premium if you wait to buy those at your destination. You may be able to save on bag fees on airlines, too, if you pack wisely.
- Pick the destination that's right for you. Many resorts and destinations are geared toward family vacations or just adults. So do some research ahead of time, talk to friends and read reviews so you know exactly what you are booking and getting.
- Make reservations ahead of time for your destination. So if there are special excursions, dinners, tours, etc., be sure to get some of those things booked before you get there. If you wait, you may be out of luck on what is available.
What's your favorite spring break destination?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Travel Guides $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.