Traveling With Toddlers: 7 Tips for Planning Successful Family Vacations With Small Children by Sheri B Doyle
Don’t be overwhelmed by the thought of traveling with a toddler. With the right planning a family getaway can be a lot of fun and make lasting memories. Here's some tips to help:
- Many hotels have suites with separate living rooms. This is a great way to get some adult time while your little one sleeps.
- Plan outings for morning or mid-afternoon. This allows you to get out and explore in between naps. Also look for activities or outings where you can go at your own pace so there is time for breaks when they are needed.
- Pack plenty of nutritious snacks. Doing so gives you peace of mind that no matter where you go you are guaranteed your little one will have something they like to eat.
- Bring a stroller so there is a place for your toddler to sleep or just rest. It is also a great place to carry all of the extra stuff toddlers require. (I love the Mountain Buggy Nano stroller for traveling.)
- If possible, plan your activities with a balance of places where your toddler can run around and burn some energy. If you want to go to a museum plan some time for them to run around outside before and after.
- Bring some of their favorite toys and books on the plane and in the hotel. Pick a few of their favorites that keep them occupied.
- Choose a hotel with multiple restaurants, play areas and pools. This gives you flexibility because you'll have more ways to keep your toddler occupied without having to go far.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.