Disney World Vacation Planning: Here Are the Best Times to Visit the Theme Parks in 2019! by Mary Vaughan
As an authorized vacation planner with MickeyTravels, the No. 1 question I am asked is, "When is the best time to visit Disney World?" With my free planning services it's always a great time to visit, but here are some recommendations if you are thinking about a trip in 2019:
- January and February: Avoid MLK and Marathon weekend, cheering/dance competition weekends and President's Day week. There are cooler temps and more ride closures during this time, but in general a great time to visit and lower resort pricing.
- March: Visit the first week before spring breaks start.
- April: Avoid Easter and Star Wars half-marathon weekend. The week of April 8 is a great option.
- May: Gorgeous weather and, in my opinion, the perfect time to visit. Just avoid Memorial Day weekend.
- June: The first two weeks are ideal before summer crowds roll in.
- July - August 10: Peak summer season.
- Mid-August - September: Low crowds and an excellent time to visit. Just avoid Labor Day weekend. Food & Wine Festival and Halloween events start.
- October: Moderate crowds all month, but lower on weekdays. Avoid Columbus Day weekend.
- November: Decorations for Christmas go up! Jersey week has higher crowds and Thanksgiving week is super crowded, but the day following Thanksgiving weekend is very quiet.
- December: The first two weeks are the best time to visit, with several Christmas events happening all month.
Don't forget that Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is scheduled to open "late fall." No official date has been released yet but this will affect crowds. Also, October 16, 2018, there will be a ticket price increase. Book your 2019 trip before that with just a $200 deposit to secure lower ticket prices!
Photos: Disney World
When's your favorite time to visit Disney World?