Travel Tips From a Seasoned Traveler: 5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Next Trip by Terri Jones
Ever since my dad took me and my sister on a tour of Civil War battlefields, I’ve had a case of wanderlust. Back then, I was only concerned about whether there was a swimming pool, but these days I’m a little more discriminating and have picked up some tips to make traveling as easy as it is exciting.
- Survey friends. Before you leave, ask friends about their favorite things to do in your destination city. It’s sure to yield some great finds!
- Keep a packing list. I’ve gone on way too many trips without something important like my sunglasses, so I now keep a list of those oft-forgotten items like an umbrella and eyeliner sharpener.
- Wear glasses. After wearing my contacts on a long flight to Hawaii, my eyes dried out so badly that I could barely see for a couple days. Now I always wear my specs on the plane.
- Stay close in. To save money on transportation, stay in the heart of the city. You’re not only a short walk from the attractions, but it’ll also give you an escape route for a nap or change of shoes.
- Tour with a local. Many big cities offer tour services where the guides are locals. These locals can give you invaluable recommendations on places that aren’t in the tour books.
Have a travel tip that makes traveling easier? Share it below!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Travel Guides $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.