The Museum of Selfies: Why Take Your Family There? Why Not? by Alex Bryant
It's a noun, but now there's an official museum dedicated to the selfie. The Museum of Selfies in Glendale, Calif., is an interactive museum that explores the history and cultural phenomenon of the selfie – an image of oneself taken by oneself – with roots dating back 40,000 years. Here's a must-do checklist before you leave your first visit:
- Read the story timeline on how the selfie evolved over the years.
- There are multiple Instagram, Giphy and kid-friendly interactive artwork installations to document your experience.
- When most museums ask please don't touch, The Museum of Selfies encourages you to see it, feel it and then move on.
- Don't miss the inspirational selfie artwork.
- Participate in the museum's selfies mural and guess what the collections of photos will make.
- For the last exhibit, let them know if you were the person who found the camera.
- Top Tip: Make sure your phone is fully charge and, if possible, bring a portable charger.