The Texas Renaissance Festival: Texas-Sized Medieval Fun for Families! by Donna John
The Texas Renaissance Festival, which is about five minutes from my house, is the nation’s largest Renaissance-themed park. The 55-acre park is about 50 miles northwest of Houston, Texas, and a must-do if you’re in the area this fall!
- Shows – From gypsy dancers to birds of prey to jousting, there’s a show for everyone!
- Food – You will not go hungry or thirsty at the Ren Fest. See the complete list of savory and sweet food, and drink options galore.
- Rides – Kids and adults will love the elephant and camel rides, petting zoo, rock climbing walls, ax throwing, swings – you could even get a pie in your face! Lots of interactive activities to enjoy!
- Shop – You’ll find original works of art, crafts, paintings, sculptures, pottery, woodworking, jewelry, glass and iron work. Start thinking about your Christmas shopping list!
- Wine Tasting – Reserve a seat at the King’s own Royal Wine Tasting! Seating is limited so reservations are required.
"The Queen and I invite all of the lovely mothers who follow the wondrous world of 30Second Mom to join us for the annual Texas Renaissance Festival. Here you will find delightful entertainment, superb shopping experiences and the perfect place for a family excursion or a ladies’ day out! Huzzah!" – The King
The 2017 Texas Renaissance Festival season runs Saturday, Sunday and Thanksgiving Friday from September 30-November 26.