Edema: 8 Healthy Things Moms-to-be Can Do to Limit Swelling During Pregnancy by Dr. Kimi Suh
Are you fighting the swelling that can come with pregnancy? Healthy habits and light exercise are great ways to avoid swelling (edema) during pregnancy. Some of the best types include:
- Riding an exercise bike.
- Stretching your legs while sitting.
- Try putting your heels out first and gently flexing your foot to stretch calf muscles.
- Rotate your ankles and wiggle your toes.
- Take short walks every so often so keep blood from pooling in your lower extremities.
- Stay away from salty foods.
If you are concerned about your swelling consult your doctor.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books About Pregnancy $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.