Baby Registry: 5 Tips to Help Expectant Parents Create a Registry They Love by Sheri B Doyle
Knowing what to put on a baby registry is not only overwhelming, it's extremely complicated. There is so much information out there to dig through about what you need and don’t need. Many companies create registry recommendations that are overwhelming and, honestly, quite unnecessary. Companies know it is a time when people forget budget and buy like crazy. Family and friends seem to think it is a time to weigh in making it hard for new moms and dads to be true to themselves.
After nine years of owning a baby/kids store, here are the tips I learned to help this experience be as wonderful as you dreamed it would be:
- Think about how you live now. It is important to think about the lifestyle you have now before a baby and then find products that fit into that lifestyle.
- Register for what you want. Do not fall into the trap of registering for what others say you must have. This is so important to remember because many products do double and triple duty now so registering for a bouncy seat, swing and bassinet may be redundant for you.
- Register for the first year of your baby’s life. A lot changes and it will help you be prepared for each stage of the first year. It will also give people other options than newborn baby clothes and newborn diapers.
- Don’t be afraid to say what you don’t want (i.e. pink or ruffles or sports themes). This is your baby and your family. This can politely be said in the shower cards as well as on your registry notes.
- People will often buy you what they want you to have and not necessarily what you registered for so make sure to save receipts so you can easily return or exchange gifts that aren’t quite right.
What was tops on your baby registry list?
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Strollers $40 & Up
Play Yards $40 & Up
Baby Clothes $6 & Up
Mobiles $10 & Up
Baby Blankets $6 & Up
Car Seats $55 & U p
Baby Monitors $20 & Up
Baby Rattles $4 & Up
Baby Bottles $3 & Up
Breast Pumps $15 & Up
Baby Carriers $23 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.