Learn to Love the Awkward Parts of Pregnancy (Bodily Functions & All) by Molly Laird
Before being pregnant, I naturally found myself to be "quite the lady" in regards to bodily functions. Now, being 30 weeks pregnant, things are very different in our house – and I believe it has truly brought us closer in a way I could have never expected. I had to accept that our bodies are simply machines and sometimes they do wild things and that is totally cool, too. Here is what I have learned over these past 30 weeks:
- Farts. Are. FUNNY. Pass gas when you have to.
- Share your insecurities with your partner. We all have them. Holding them in will only allow them to grow.
- Life is messy and so are we. Sometimes you're going to puke so hard that you pee everywhere, sometimes you are going to sneeze and pee or nipples will leak or your skin will break out or your pants will no longer fit. I mean, the list goes on and on and on. Accept it, laugh at it, learn to love the process.
- Join a mom or pregnancy group on social media. You will soon see you are not alone.
- Physical intimacy is not just sexual. Don't forget to hug, cuddle, hold hands, take showers together, give and receive massages, kiss and dance.
- Thank your partner every day.
Bring it on, pregnancy week 31!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pregnancy Books $3 & Up
Morning Sickness Relief $4 & Up
Pregnancy Journals $6 & Up
Pregnancy Pillows $10 & Up
Pregnancy Gifts $5 & Up
Pregnancy Tests $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.