5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Having a Baby (You've Gotta Read This) by Cheryl Leahy
Before I had a baby, I wasn't all that knowledgeable about them. Sure, I read all of the books, from "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to ones on baby CPR, but they left out a few truly important messages. I compiled a list of the five things I wish I knew before I had a baby that you probably won't find in any book!
- Lower you expectations. That perfect dinner you had time to prepare? Nope. Accept that putting something on the table is a major victory. And frozen pizza counts, especially in those first few months.
- Know who to listen to. When it comes to babies, everyone has an opinion. Here's the catch - they have never had your baby.
- Sleep is SUCH a precious commodity. I never understood what exhausted meant until I had a baby ... especially one who didn't sleep much.
- Figure out who the new "you" is. I was terrified to lose myself after having kids. OK, so you won't be ruling the beer pong table anymore, but maybe you realize that you have a knack for making homemade granola.
- This too shall pass. Any phase, issue or challenge that your child presents will pass.
You've got this!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.