Considering a Second Child? 6 Pros & Cons of Waiting! by Mei Marcie
If you’re thinking about a second child, here are six pros and cons of a longer age gap!
- More time with the first child.
- Higher expenses incurred during infant and preschool years can be staggered.
- Less sibling rivalry. The older child may have his own interests and even be able to do simple baby-care responsibilities.
- Declining fertility with age.
- Difficulty with time management (i.e. different schools, classes, etc.).
- “Starting over” with a newborn may be harder when you're older.
But the best gap is the one that suits your family!