Stonework & Creative Learning: How to Get Kid's Creativity Going With Stonework Play Playtime Activities
Stonework play is a form of creative learning and open-ended play working with stones. Let's see pictures of everyone's children playing with stones!
Stonework play was invented by early childhood education consultant Diana Suskind in Nepal in 2011. Suskind realized that her children loved using rocks for self-expression. Here are some tips for stonework play:
- Children gather stones with friends at the beach, park, river or wherever they can find stones.
- Kids use the stones to create a story. Each stone has its own shape, weight and markings.
- Kids draw a picture on paper of their stone construction.
- Next, kids can write a story about their stone creation.
- Kids share their stories with friends.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!