Listen Up, Mom & Dad: 5 Things That All Parents Will Benefit From Hearing! Parenting
Hey, Mom and Dad! Here are five things you need to know!
- You are not alone. Parenting is a social activity that is shared within a family. As children experience challenges, don’t be afraid to reach out for assistance.
- You aren’t perfect – and that’s OK! Kids don’t come with instruction manuals. Parenting requires trusting your instincts. Sometimes you’ll get it “wrong,” but you’ll learn from the experience.
- You will be obligated to make heart-wrenching decisions. The essence of parenting is taking responsibility for the future; expect it to be hard.
- Parenting a child with extra needs is like a marathon. The pace may be slower, the effort may be greater, but success comes from staying focused on the finish line.
- Don’t lose yourself. In order to care for others, you must take care of yourself.