8 Reasons Why Parents May Need to Fire the Nanny! by Jill Ceder, LMSW, JD
2 years ago
When should you fire a nanny? Here are eight reasons to consider replacing your child's caregiver!
- Suspicion of abuse is immediate termination.
- Theft is immediate termination.
- Lack of attention or neglect. Neglect is immediate termination, but lack of attention may be lack of experience. Talk to him or her.
- Substance abuse is immediate termination.
- Dishonesty is immediate termination.
- Unreliable. Lateness affects you. Talk to him or her.
- Child safety concerns. The person may not be a good fit if you can't leave without worrying.
- Failure to enforce house rules. It's time for a talk!
And if you just have a gut feeling about something, always look into it. Your child's safety depends on it!