5 Things Preschoolers Need to Know to Master Self-control! by Kaila Weingarten
Self-control is a learned process, and young children need abilities before they can control their own behavior. Parents can track the following abilities to assess their child’s readiness to learn and master self-control!
- The ability to pay attention and listen.
- Understanding the words you use to explain what you expect from others.
- Understanding cause and effect.
- Understanding how their choices have outcomes.
- The ability to use words to express needs, wants, feelings and confusion.
If you have any concerns, talk to your child's preschool teacher.