There's No Negativity in Toilet Training: 6 Tips for a Positive Potty Training Experience (for Everyone)! by Adriana Vermillion
There's no room for negativity in potting training! Here are six tips to keep potty training positive!
- Be supportive before and during training by using encouraging language whenever you talk with your child about potty training.
- Use positive words, especially when the child is nearby.
- Praise your child’s effort and cooperation, no matter how large or small.
- Be calm and “matter of fact” when you approach training.
- Sticking to a schedule is very important. Establish a time when elimination is practiced both in and outside of the home.
- All involved need to use same schedule, plan and lingo during potty training to guarantee success.
Happy potty training!